Top 5 Best Movies Adapted From Books in 2009


I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "the book is always better than the movie!" Well, in some cases that may be true, but some people just want to see a good movie. I know, as a loyal reader and a particular over-zealous fan of my favorite authors, I tend to be too critical of movies adapted from books. The thing is, movies are movies and books are books.

I can't imagine how difficult of a job it is to take a story with words and turn it into an actual movie. A daunting task I'm sure and one that will delight some and disgruntle many. However, many excellent movies have come from books; some we probably don't even realize were adapted from books. In 2009, there have been (and will be) some great movies coming out that were adapted from books. Here are a list of five that should have you hitting the bookstores to compare:

1. The Lovely Bones

2. The Road

3. Sherlock Holmes

4. A Christmas Carol

5. Where the Wild Things Are

This line up of great movies all follow great books. Of course, A Christmas Carol has been adapted before, but it's always great to see a new take. Such is the case with Sherlock Holmes and Robert Downey Jr. looks the part just fine as does Jude Law as Watson. The Road looks devastatingly dramatic and has Oscar written all over it. Where the Wild Things Are looks frighteningly joyous.

If you choose to read the books before watching the movie, please remember, a movie is a movie and a book is a book. Judge them (or just enjoy them) accordingly.








If you want to learn more about new release movies, all you have to do is click here: Movie Reviews